SAMPLE AGENDA | SINGLE DAY FORMAT
It is essential to be well prepared when planning a corporate retreat. Utilizing a strong agenda is key to ensuring that a single-day strategy session runs smoothly. A well-written agenda will keep the session on track, and help you reach your goals in a timely manner. As long as you are prepared, and have the right people in the room, an offsite corporate retreat can be accomplished in a single day (see below).
Another important consideration is that the participants will also need to come to the strategy session well-prepared. Attendees will be required to complete some prep work assignments before the retreat. Most of this work can be accomplished during a normal business day, or during regularly scheduled meetings. The prep work should start several weeks before the single-day strategy session. This will ensure that participants have enough time to complete their work without being overwhelmed.
OFF-SITE STRATEGY SESSION AGENDA
SINGLE DAY AGENDA | 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Ground rules
- Current status
- This is based on whatever the summit is about. The current status should cover where we are today, what we have tried before and how it’s going.
- Brainstorm on the needs of the organization:
- What are we missing today that we need for tomorrow? This process is based on pre-summit preparation assignments.
- Brainstorm on potential solutions
- Synthesize the two brainstorming sessions and create categories or themes
- Break out groups
- Split up the discussed the categories or themes. Give some to each breakout group to organize and prioritize
- Presentations by the breakout group leader to the entire team
- Reprioritize the solutions
ASSIGNMENTS & NEXT STEPS
- Assign responsibilities:
- Decide Who, does What, by When
- Set follow-up meeting